Website Legal & General
About the job
The expansion continues at Legal & General as we have two newly created permanent opportunities within Group IT with lots of exciting and innovative change to come in the future. You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team of Agile Delivery Managers assigned to specific product groups and will be delivering against IT related projects as part of a wider IT portfolio within group functions, with continuous focus on time, cost and quality.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Scrum Master or IT Project Delivery Manager who enjoys delivering a mixture of projects from small to large in size and someone who enjoys working in an Agile way in a complex organisation with lots of challenges.
- Experienced in waterfall and agile development and associated governance frameworks and standards such as; PMI, DSDM or Scaled Agile (SAFe).
- Managing third party relationships, ensuring that dependencies are effectively identified and managed as well as deliverables are achieved without incurring unnecessary cost or delay to the project.
- You’ll be leading on project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities, ensuring that project, quality / risk / security / data & communication plans are prepared and maintained, and that issues are actively managed through to their successful resolution.
- You will have strong overall application delivery and IT/Technical project management specific skills and experience and commercial awareness across multiple functional areas.
- Delivering effective communication to all interested parties, key stakeholders and Senior Managers to support effective decision-making and the smooth and efficient delivery of projects.
- A strong and practical understanding of both on premise and cloud computing environments.
- Strong financial acumen with ability to effectively manage and control budgets, whilst ensuring value for money is delivered.
- In order to succeed in this role you will need to have proven experience of delivering a range of IT Projects, preferably in the Financial Service industry.
- Ability to project a positive image of the IT function and company through interpersonal, written and verbal communications to a wide range of audiences.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world’s largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we’re a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term – for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we’re committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we’d love to hear from you.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Andy Banks at email@example.com (https://www.linkedin.com/in/andy-banks/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Chevron Intern – Associate Testing Technologist In RotterdamChevron CorporationRotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
L&G Jobs – IT Delivery Manager In HoveLegal & GeneralHove, UK
2023 Internship – HR Intern DistellDistellStellenbosch
2023 Internship – Activity & Admin Intern EF International Language CampusesEF International Language CampusesCape Town
2023 Internship – Machine Learning Engineer SybrinSybrinJohannesburg
2023 Internship – Internal Sales Administrator Unique PersonnelUnique PersonnelBrakpan
2023 Internship – Internal Communications Manager NedbankNedbankJohannesburg
2023 Internship – Software Developer Intern DataTech RecruitmentDataTech RecruitmentCape Town
2023 Internship – Information Communication and Technology Sol Plaatje UniversitySol Plaatje UniversityKimberley
2023 Internship – Planning Sol Plaatje UniversitySol Plaatje UniversityKimberley